Super healthy and delicious V8 turkey chili made with V8 Spicy Hot, black beans, fire roasted tomatoes, onions, peppers, and quinoa. Only 30 minutes to make!
Everyone needs a good, healthy chili recipe to kick off the new year. I created this last January and figured it was time I finally shared it with you. It was kind of a “let’s clear out the pantry and see what happens” recipe, but it turned out to be one of our favorites! Love when that happens. I also love how good I feel after eating a big bowl. This V8 turkey chili leaves you full for hours, has incredible flavor, and is packed with the good stuff! [AKA super clean after a month long cookie binge.]
2017 was crazy. A whole lot crazier than I realized it was until I finally sat down and reflected on my year. I started this blog in 2017. I bought my domain a year ago this week to be exact. And I’m amazed at what a big part of my life it’s become, and how much I LOVE creating recipes for you guys. To any of you who have been reading since my first post, a super sincere “THANK YOU!” We’ve learned a lot along the way, and I can’t wait to show you all I have planned for 2018. [Hint..recipe videos!]
We also moved twice. Once into my in-laws where we stayed for 6 months after finding black mold and mushrooms in our house. Yes, I said mushrooms. In our house…but it was all worth it because in September, right before our one year anniversary, we bought our first home! I’m not even sure I’ve shared that yet! We moved to Kansas City, MO and it’s been so wonderful to be on our own, and work on our home. We’re currently going on month three of renovating our kitchen, which is incredibly painful, and I will let you know in a month if it was worth it ;). Just kidding. It is difficult that cooking in my house currently involves solely a single burner and the bathroom sink, but my husband is building my dream kitchen and I’m really excited to show you when it’s done.
I also started a new job downtown KC and have been enjoying a change of scene! 2017 was crazy, but I loved it. And I have a really good feeling about 2018.
I have some really great recipes planned for 2018, and as always, they’ll be a mix of food that’s good for your body, and food that’s good for your soul. Healthy stuff like this delicious V8 turkey chili, and cheat worthy stuff like the incredible cinnamon rolls I have for you next month. This turkey chili is incredibly easy. Cook the ground meat, and soften the veggies, then throw the rest of the stuff in and let it sit with the lid on. Takes about 30-40 minutes and gives you 6-7 good sized bowls. Enjoy and Happy New Year!
- 1.25 lbs ground turkey
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1½ tbsps of chili powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- ½ tbsp turmeric
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1½ red peppers diced
- 14.5 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed
- 4 cups V8 Spicy Hot
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup quinoa
- sour cream, cheddar cheese, cilantro, avocado, etc. for toppings
- In a large pot (I use my dutch oven), cook your ground turkey with the salt, pepper, chili powder, paprika, and turmeric.
- Add in your diced peppers and onions and cook until just soft. About 5 minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes (with the juice), the black beans (drained and rinsed), the V8, chicken broth, and the quinoa. Cover with a lid and cook for about 20 minutes, until the quinoa cooks and some of the liquid cooks down.
- If it is too thick when you take the lid off, just add more V8. I typically pour in a good glug!
- In my opinion, toppings are the star of chili, so load it up with sour cream, cilantro, cheddar cheese, limes, avocado, green onions, jalepenos and/or whatever your heart desires!