These meal prep breakfast burritos are filled with scrambled eggs, black beans, and sweet potatoes, mixed together with mango peach salsa and cheddar cheese, and wrapped up in a whole wheat tortilla. A healthy grab-and-go breakfast!
Where my Sunday Meal Preppers at? I’ve got your breakfast covered for the whole week!
It’s kind of surprising how good these breakfast burritos are. Because I know some of you are reading that ingredient list like, “is she sure that all goes together?” Yup. Positive. Everything mixes together perfectly to make a burrito that is both filling and delicious. The mango peach salsa adds the perfect touch by giving me all the summer vibes.
I personally love breakfast burritos in any form. Nothing better than cheesy, salsa filled goodness wrapped in a warm tortilla. Am I right? I’m also one of those people who don’t see eggs as a breakfast item and eat them for every meal. In fact, I will probably be eating these for lunch this week, because I have a green protein smoothie for breakfast 90% of the time. The beauty of these little babes is that whatever time of day it is, all you have to do is take a burrito out of the freezer, pop it in the microwave for a minute, and you’ve got a healthy meal filled with good carbs and lots of protein at your convenience.
Did I mention that these are also super easy!? All the ingredients get thrown into one pan. Microwave your sweet potatoes, scramble your eggs, and you’ll have your mini breakfast burritos made and wrapped up in 30 minutes. Yum, yum, a million times yum. When your mixture is made you can either eat them immediately, or wrap each individual burrito in tin foil and place in the freezer for meals throughout the week.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 7 large eggs
- 1 can black beans drained
- ⅓ cup low fat milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 jar of mango peach salsa (I used Pace)
- ¾ cup reduced fat shredded cheddar
- 13 whole wheat tortillas
- Poke wholes into your sweet potato using a fork and microwave for 8-10 minutes until soft
- While your sweet potato is cooking, mix your eggs with milk, salt and pepper and scramble on the stove top
- Drain your black beans and add into the skillet with a jar of salsa and the shredded cheese
- When your sweet potato is done, let it rest for 2-3 minutes and then cut it down the middle
- Scoop the sweet potato out in small chunks in to the skillet and mix everything together until well combined
- To assemble, scoop half a cup of filling into each tortilla and roll into a burrito
- **Note: if serving immediately, it is best to warm the tortillas first. If saving for meals throughout the week, let the burrito cool before wrapping in tinfoil to freeze. This will prevent moisture that causes sogginess upon microwaving.