Everything you love about one pan meals. Quick, healthy meal prep that the whole family is sure to enjoy.
I have a love affair going on with roasted red peppers and onions. They never don’t sound amazing. Seriously..breakfast, mix em up with scrambled eggs. Lunch, put them in a salad. Dinner, combine them with turkey kielbasa and sweet potatoes to make this simple yet flavor-packed hash.
Trying new recipes is fun for me I and can be a bit ambitious in the kitchen, but Monday-Thursday one pan meals make my heart happy. And this bad boy is a weeknight all-star. It’s healthy, it only takes 30 minutes from start to finish, and it’s easy meal prep for the week. Whether you’re cooking for the whole family, or coming home late from work, everyone seems a little bit busier in the summer and it’s important to have a quick, healthy recipe in your arsenal. This is it my friends. Not to mention one pan meals have the easiest clean up ever.
As most one pan meals go, you can simply dice up your veggies and throw them on the pan. Mix your seasonings into your olive oil and spread evenly over your veggies. I love the flavor combo of the garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. You’ll probably notice if you haven’t already, that paprika is easily one of my favorite seasonings. I put it on almost everything!
The kielbasa is precooked and goes in the oven for the last 5 minutes to warm it up and get a little bit crispy. When I’m feeling extra healthy I eat it without the cheddar cheese melted on top, but that’s up to you my friends. If you’re looking for other healthy 30 minute meals checkout my first blog post ever for spicy sweet chicken pitas. It’s a well tested crowd pleaser. I’d love to hear what your go-to weeknight meals are. Let me know in the comments below!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion
- Precooked package of turkey kielbasa
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp each of: onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika
- ¼ tsp each of: salt and pepper
- ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Dice up your sweet potatoes, pepper, and onion into small chunks and spread out on your baking pan
- Mix seasonings into 4 tbsp of olive oil and spread evenly over your veggies
- Place in oven for 20 minutes
- Cut keilbasa into ½ thick slices will veggies cook
- After 20 minutes, take pan out of oven and put sliced kielbasa on top
- Put back in the oven for 5 minutes
- Sprinkle with cheese