Veggie panini filled with roasted asparagus, red pepper, and onion and smeared with veggie cream cheese on a flat out foldit.
I got the idea for this super simple sandwich at my office cafe, and realized how easy it would be to make it at home myself! It only takes 30 minutes, and you can customize it to add or take out whatever you’d like. Roasted veggies are one of my favorite things and I love making this sandwich with asparagus, rep pepper, and onion. I also think portabellas and broccoli would be great!
The cafe makes this veggie panini with Flat Out foldit. I love the taste of the multigrain ones and like how thin they are, but if you don’t like Flat Out or can’t find it, feel free to use whatever you’d like.
- 8 stalks asparagus
- ½ red bell pepper
- ⅓ yellow onion
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- drizzle of olive oil
- 2 tbsp veggie cream cheese
- 2 slices of provolone (optional)
- 2 FlatOut Foldits
- Preheat your oven to 400.
- Cut your stalks of asparagus in half and slice your pepper and onion.
- Place on a baking dish, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place your veggies on one side of your Foldits.
- Smear veggie cream cheese on the other side and top with a slice of provolone.
- Place in a panini press or put back in the oven for a few more minutes.
- Remove and enjoy!