Blackberry brie tartlets only take 20 minutes to make, 5-6 ingredients, and are a perfect party appetizer that tastes great and looks beautiful.
I’ve been making blackberry brie tartlets for the last 3 years after I got the idea from a friend at a Christmas party. I love them because not only do they taste great, but they are an appetizer I can throw together in 20 minutes from start to finish. Holiday cooking is all kinds of amazing, but it also can be very time consuming. Like baking, and making a roast, or my family’s tradition, lasagna! I love all the foods that come with the holidays, but keeping my appetizers simple helps put something on the table when everything else seems to take hours.
Brie cheese is (obviously) a staple in my holiday ingredient list. I love setting up cheese boards this time of year, and I and I also love using it in my brie apple honey butter stuffed crescent rolls. Which also only take 20 minutes! There’s something about baked brie during Christmas that just feels right.
These blackberry brie tartlets are made with the same pie crust I use in my crab tart recipe. Another fantastic holiday appetizer! If you’re scared of homemade pie, don’t be! This recipe is incredibly easy. The only thing I stress, and I say this EVERY. SINGLE. TIME…is to make sure you use cold water. That’s the secret. Roll out your dough to about a half inch thick and use a shot glass if you have one to cut your tartlets. Cut your circles efficiently and you should be able to get 30 tartlets. Next, use your fingers to flatten the dough and place it in the your mini muffin pan as shown below.
Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and place a chunk of brie cheese in the center of each tartlet, and place back in the oven for 2 more minutes. When they come out of the oven you can immediately top them with blackberry jam and/or fresh blackberries. These are sure to be a crowd pleaser and look like they take a lot longer than 20 minutes!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup canola oil
- 5 tbsp COLD water
- 1 package brie cheese
- Blackberry jam
- Fresh blackberries
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Sift together flour and salt in a large.
- In a mixing cup, add cold water to half a cup of oil and pour over dry ingredients.
- Use a fork to mix the ingredients together.
- Remove from the mixing bowl and use a rolling pin to roll out dough to about ½ inch thick.
- Cut dough into 30 two and a half inch circles. (I use a shot glass!).
- Use your fingers to press dough out relatively flat and place in mini muffin tins. The dough should be flat on the bottom of the tin and come up the sides.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place chunks of brie cheese in the center of each tartlet.
- Bake for 2 more minutes and then remove from oven and immediately top with blackberry jam and/or fresh blackberries.