The best chicken marinade recipe, made with white wine, olive oil, apple cider vinegar and seasonings.
This is the absolute best chicken marinade recipe. It’s great as is, or can be used for different recipes. I first created it for my brie chicken sandwich with apple, pear, and apricot jam slaw recipe, and used it again for my brushcetta chicken with balsmaic glaze recipe. I love the flavor so much, and finally decided that it needed it’s own little spot on the blog.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Chicken breasts
- White wine
- Olive oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Garlic powder
- S & P
I always cut my chicken breasts in half so they cook more evenly. If you don’t there’s a really good chance your chicken is going to dry out before you get ot 165 degrees in the very center. If there’s one thing I hate, it’s over cooked meat. Yuck. Wanna make sure your chicken doesn’t over cook? Use a meat thermometer! I use my thermopop almost every time I cook meat to make sure it’s the temp I want before cutting it open and letting the juice out. I highly recommend getting one, and the one I linked is only $30!
Combine all your marinade ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Then place your chicken in the bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least one hour, up to overnight.
This chicken marinade recipe is a great way to make eating healthy less boring. It has a ton of flavor and can be cooked in a skillet, in the oven, or on a grill. Pair with some roasted broccoli with everything seasoning (my addiction) for a perfect, easy weeknight meal!
- ⅓ cup white wine
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp of garlic powder
- ¼ tsp of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 2 large chicken breasts cut in half to make 4 breasts
- Mix all your marinade ingredients together in a large bowl and then submerge your chicken breasts in the marinade.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour, up to overnight.
- Cook in an oven at 350 for 20 minutes, or in a covered skillet over medium heat for 15 minutes, or on the grill!
- *Note- chicken should be cooked to 165 degrees, cooking time will change depending on how thick your chicken breast is and oven differences. Using a meat thermometer is the best way to know when your chicken is done!